Monday, January 30, 2012

Carve Carve Carve....

Well I'm still working on my linoleum. So far, I've spent eh -wiggles hand- 11 hours working on it. That's a very long time to me. I'm still not done carving yet! I'm really starting to hate this art. I mean, come on, when you've spent a long time working on an art, you're bound to start hating it. It's ironic, I'm one of the very few people still carving my linoleum. Almost everyone else in my class is printing right now. But here's the thing, I don't talk at all in class. I do nothing but work work work while everyone else talks, and yet, I'm not finished when almost everyone else is! Oh well, all I know is that I'm ready for it to be done! I'm pretty sure I'm obligated to show you all my print when I finish it since I've been talking about it nonstop on my blog, no matter how bad it turns out. But seriously, I'm getting really sick of linoleum. I think it's fun but this is just too much ha ha.

My scratchboard is looking fine at the moment. I'm almost done putting the lines down on the face and I've started making his chest. Once the lines on the face are done, I'll do major revising to make it look more "fur like." Other than that, everything is moving swimmingly.

Oh, I almost forgot! I'm not sitting next to the gossip girls anymore which is great, I can actually work without many distractions in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment